List:       kde-kiosk
Subject:    Re: [Kde-kiosk] Zero setup?
From:       Tarjei Huse <tarjei () nu ! no>
Date:       2002-04-23 15:19:34

> Ehm no. It works whenever the application calls
> "KConfig::setDollarExpansion(true)" or whenever it uses
> KConfig::readPathEntry(....)
>
> I am aware that this answer is not helping you one bit :-]

It could, how many calls does a thypical kde app do to the config file,
i.e.? How hard would it be to introduce a patch to the kmail && kde-pim
guys (n'girls) for this?

Setting up mail for users is one of the tasks that I really wish could
be automated down to a few things in the main setupfile.

Some ppl has mentioned that I should make a perl wrapper for the adduser
file. This is possible, although I do not know much perl and do not have
time to do so. As much as brining this issue ahead in regard of my
personal needs, I think this is important in terms of ease of
configuration for admins - not only users, therefor I brought it up.

Thanks for your tips! If someone finds the time to get dolar expantion
into kmail and kde-pim I'd be very happy.

Tarjei