Hello folks, I'm a recent Windows 98 to Linux desktop convert, although I've been managing Linux web/db/mail servers for a number of years. I understand that development on KImageShop is on hold till KDE 2 final. I don't know how I can contribute, but I'd like to in some form or another. I'm the president of a small web development firm, http://www.digitalspinner.com, and consider myself to be a very good designer - although I focus on web marketing and serious web applications development using PHP and MySQL. I'd love to provide input and/or direction on the human interface design of KImageShop. I used Photoshop for years, from version 3.* onward. I am presently making the transition to Gimp. It appears as though virtually all of Photoshop's features are found within, although the interface is cryptic and I find myself doing alot of extra mouse work to maintain my work area and the state is often confusing (what tool I'm using, how I select other tools, etc.). Too many moving parts means I'm spending less time being creative and more time monkeying with windows and needless context sensitive menus. I believe I read somewhere that KImageShop might use Gimp source as a foundation and plant a better human interface on top. This would be a great idea! The Gimp is a great engine in need of a super-intuitive interface. Someone mentioned changing the name, which would be a great idea. Their suggestion for a name, if memory serves, was a little-known (at least in the mainstream) artist and I wouldn't recommend that. I believe the goal should be a simple, friendly, name that many people can identify with. Something like Karma, Kisser (heh, I can see the logo now) or Kixel if you're married to the idea of having it start with K, but not Kissinger or Kaligari or Kaufman or whatever. I imagine Krayon would invite a lawsuit or two :). All the best, Sean Pecor -- Digital Spinner, Inc. 802.948.2020 sean@digitalspinner.com _______________________________________________ Kimageshop mailing list Kimageshop@master.kde.org http://master.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kimageshop