List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    CORBA/KOM, ...
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! TU-Berlin ! DE>
Date:       1999-08-29 21:12:12

Hi,

I'm still some sort of a rookie concerning CORBA and KOM and how it
is/will be used in KIS, so I hope someone can answer my questions here.

Will every filter or plugin use KOM (I'll leave out the CORBA from now
on)? That would mean, every utility function provided by KIS and used by
the filter would have to have an interface in the idl, right?
Small example, at the moment there is no interface Brush in the idl, so a
plugin couldn't use any brush right now, correct?

Wouldn't that also mean, that many config-options would have to go
into the idl, too? E.g. a plugin would want to know the tiny font
configuration as well as accelerators, current colormodel,
foreground/background colors, etc.?

What about libraries? Will some stuff, not done via KOM be accessible via
a kis-library? E.g. some custom kis widgets usable for plugins.

Final question: when to use a library and when to use KOM/OP/CORBA?

TIA,
Carsten Pfeiffer
--
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/1632/