List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    Summary of last nights talk on irc
From:       Michael Koch <m_koch () bigfoot ! de>
Date:       1999-08-24 8:14:08

Hi all,

Last night Carsten Pfeiffer and I talked on irc about KImageShop. This should
be a summary of our discussion.

Matthias, this is for you: We both strongly want to make KIS 16-bit based. At
least we should make it as easy as possible to port to 16-bit. KIS should be
16-bit because this will be the standard in some time.

Casten writes a global config class. All parameters have to be read from it and
must be written into it. Perhaps Carsten can mail some using instructions when
its finished.

We want to create a docs directory in the kimageshop repository. There should
be file with references and all our design documents.

The Undo/Redo-part has grow a bit. We decided not to make all commands undoable
(at least per default). Such commands as zooming should not be in undo list.
This should be adjustable in the preferences dialog.

Each command that should be undoable will be derived from KImageShopCommand. It
shall only contain data for undo/redo, not the tool itself. A tool should add a
command to the command history.

Carsten, any comments ? Do I forgot something ? You know, gelee ...

Ciao,
Michael
--
Michael Koch

KDE fan, enthusiast and developer

student of computer science at university of applied sciences of Darmstadt, Germany

koch@kde.org, m_koch@bigfoot.de, mkoch@mail.riednet.wh.tu-darmstadt.de
http://www.riednet.wh.tu-darmstadt.de/~mkoch