List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    Re: SelectionTool
From:       Michael Koch <m_koch () bigfoot ! de>
Date:       1999-08-18 15:53:40

Am Mit, 18 Aug 1999 schrieb Sven Fischer:
> Hi all,
>
> as my first attempt on writing code for KImageShop I wanted to try to
> write a Selection Tool, at first rectangle selection. Since I don't
> want to dig through the whole code by myself, I think you can help me
> a bit:
>
> To show the selected region one has to draw the rectangle above the
> pictures...I would think of a special always-on-top-layer which is not
> shown in the layers dialog. Or is there another way already planned
> for such "drawing"?

I think a LAYER is too much overhead. The canvasview-widget should draw it
directly.

Matthias, Andrew : What do you think ?

> Also it would help much to have CVS access. Who do I have to contact
> for that?

You can get it from Coolo (coolo@caldera.de) or David (dfaure@kde.org). Sent a
mail with encrypted password and the reason why you need cvs access
--
Michael Koch

KDE fan, enthusiast and developer

student of computer science at university of applied sciences of Darmstadt, Germany

koch@kde.org, m_koch@bigfoot.de, mkoch@mail.riednet.wh.tu-darmstadt.de
http://www.riednet.wh.tu-darmstadt.de/~mkoch