List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    Re: GUI
From:       Jeremy Blosser <jblosser () firinn ! org>
Date:       1999-08-17 15:14:39

Matthias Elter [me@kde.org] wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Aug 1999, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 10, 1999 at 06:30:06PM +0200, Matthias Elter wrote:
> > > Solution: Do it the KSpread way.
> > > Create some kind of tabbar and have multiple documents per view. -> The
> > > view keeps a list of documents and switches between them when the user
> > > clicks on the tabbar. Now add two menu entries "Open file" and "Open
> > > file in new window" and you are set.
> > >
> > > IMO this is the perfect solution, it's no MDI like Photoshop and no real
> > > SDI like GIMP. It's something of both worlds.
> >
> > hmm, I don't fully understand this... would that mean, that you can have
> > only one visible image at the same time?
>
> Please excuse my bad English. ;-)
>
> > Or do you mean, we can have multiple "full" windows open (with menubar and
> > all that stuff), and those can handle multiple subwindows (via the tabbar)
> > but can show only one at the same time?
>
> Exactly!

The logical extension of this (and people will be prolly ask for it) is then
to be able to change the view in a single instance to see all the
subwindows at once, via panes or something.

What's wrong with just allowing that from the start, but also allowing new
"full" windows like you said?  This allows the fullest range of flexibility.

--
Jeremy Blosser   |   jblosser@firinn.org   |   http://jblosser.firinn.org/