List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    GUI design (was Re: native KIS file format)
From:       "Tomas Furmonavicius" <f1926 () kaunas ! aiva ! lt>
Date:       1999-08-05 15:46:16

----------
> From: Torsten Rahn <supas121@astrophysik.uni-kiel.de>

> > GUI design should go with minimal resolution 1024x768 in mind
>
> Nope! 800x600 should be the minimal resolution. There are too many
> people out there who use this resolution. KDE is currently not
> very usable under 800x600. I hope this will change for KDE 2.0.

I believe, that after year or so, when KIS will be already usable, normal
17'' monitors will cost $200, not $400, and professional ones $350, not
$700 ;-)

Normal IMPs, like Photoshop, has very complex mouse oriented GUI, not that
mixture of Emacs and Win95  GIMP has ;-). Such GUI as Photoshop's needs
lots of screen space, and 800x600 is absolute minimum.
But I think, that GUI's design should be aimed to neither 640x400 nor
2048x1600 resolutions, but to something in the middle.

Tomas