List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    project start (was: Re: canvas widget)
From:       Matthias Elter <me () main-echo ! net>
Date:       1999-08-03 7:39:10

On Mon, 02 Aug 1999, you wrote:
> I thought on implementing it into Kimageshop, too-
> Ok, you will do it. We have describe our claims, who has to take what part of
> kimageshop.

I'm going to split the canvas class into a canvas (holding the data) and and a
view class tonight. This way it fits the KOffice document/view model and I
can integrate it into KImageShopDoc and KImageShopView. I'm going to use copies
of the canvas classes to keep Andrew's classes in subdir canvas intact.

I don't think that it's a good idea to split the work up in parts. Everybody
feel free to work on what he thinks is necessary (and don't forget to add your
name to the AUTHORS file).

Areas people could work on are brush/gradient/palette dialogs saving/loading
(XML), GUI, canvas...simply have a look at the GIMP and Photoshop and grab
ideas/features. ;-)

From private mail I know that some people with no or little Qt/KDE/KOffice
experience are on this list. Here is a small intro guide for you:

To work on KImageShop you need the latest and greates MICO, QT, kdesupport,
kdelibs and koffice. Use cvsup or the daily snapshots in case you have no cvs
access.

You need to compile:

* Qt 2.01: don't forget to compile qimgio ($QTDIR/extensions/qimgio)
* MICO 2.2.7: configure with: "--disable-mini-stl --enable-shared
--disable-static --disable-coss"
* kdesupport
* kdelibs
* koffice/libs (you need the libs only, its not necessary to compile the
apps)
* koffice/kimageshop

Make sure to use a decent compiler (egcs 1.1.2 or better).
Don't get scared by the OpenParts stuff, read kdelibs/doc/corba or work on
non-OP areas like the gradient editor (use KPixmapEffect) or the brush dialog.

Greetings,
Matthias

--
Matthias Elter