List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    Re: Krita Commitment to Empowering Human Artists (CEHA)
From:       Halla Rempt <halla () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2024-02-21 9:26:52

Here's my conclusion from this trainwreck of a discussion:

* When it comes to choosing between idealistic and pragmatic, let's keep in mind that \
Krita is a free and open source application, so we're already idealistic first.

* Spending money and time on something only because we're afraid of missing out on a \
trend is no good.

* We shouldn't adopt this merge request: it is too controversial: I like the idea, \
but not everyone does, and I don't see a concensus emerging

* It might be worth it to invest time into Tiar's proposal for automating inking, \
because it's by and large the most useful proposal, but we should avoid spending too \
much time on it only to create a tool that is only rarely used. I would like to see a \
plan for implementation that shows:

 ** dependencies needed, and an examination of how cross-platform those dependencies \
                are
 ** model needed, and how users could retrain that model using their own work
 ** time estimation. If it's going to take six months to implement, then it might \
actually impede other, more important work

* Figure out a way to make this palatable to our users, reputation-wise. Because, \
like it or not, the flight into AI by the big tech companies makes the reputation of \
AI really bad amongst many people.

Halla

Ps. Just as a datapoint for people who consider ChatGPT harmless: I get half a dozen \
mails a day generated by ChatGPT asking whether we would consider paid ChatGPT \
articles on krita.org. It's a waste of my time, and it's impossible to autofilter all \
those mails.