List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    Detecting whether Krita comes from a store
From:       Halla Rempt <halla () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2023-07-26 10:20:13

Hi,

Now we've got the begging banner, we need to make sure that people who already have \
paid for Krita, only see the banner if we're running a special campaign. So, for each \
store we need to have a way to figure out if it's a store version of Krita. (I forgot \
what the rules were on the Android Store, but we still have the small donation link, \
so the support request might be fine?)

I've added an empty KisApplication::isStoreApplication method, and that needs \
fleshing out.

So, please, for each of these stores, tell me what diagnistics will work:

* Windows Store

(Check where the executable is? An environment variable? The location of the user \
data?)

* Steam Store

** Windows

** Linux

* MacOS Store

For the Epic Store, I'll try to figure it out myself, but that's one of the smallest \
anyway.

We really want to have this done before the second beta, so please give this a bit of \
priority...

Halla