List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    Re: Postponed meeting
From:       Halla Rempt <halla () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2023-01-05 11:11:29

On dinsdag 3 januari 2023 22:43:00 CET Emmet O'Neill wrote:

> > I would prefer that too, but I cannot predict when I will go down for one
> > or more days in advance...
> >

> Of course. I don't mean for this to be directed at you or anyone in
> particular.
> Nobody knows how they're going to feel tomorrow, and none of this should
> hinge on any one person.
> I don't think anybody should come to a meeting if they aren't feeling up to
> it, and certainly not be asked to lead it.
>
> I'm just saying that, collectively, *if we are going to (re)schedule a
> meeting it would be best if we could do it at least 8~12+ hours in advance.*
> And *if we can't, *because something comes up at the last minute*, then we
> just cancel until next week OR hold the meeting with whoever is around.*
>
> It's certainly *not* a big deal, but I think we should avoid (re)scheduling
> meetings <1h before they are supposed to start.
> I might be the only one minorly bothered by it, but keep in mind that, from
> my perspective, many of these schedule changes are happening overnight.
> We have people all over the world, and 12+ hours is just objectively
> timezone proof. (As a compromise >8 would be OK, but anything <6 is after
> 1:00am for me.)
>
> That's reasonable, right?

Yes, it's reasonable. It's just not always feasible, like on Monday when just too \
many people were sick. I actually was too tired to even notice that there was \
proposal to have the meeting on Wednesday, instead of just skipping.

But let's put this on the agenda for next Monday and see whether we can come up with \
a better way of handling this.

Halla