List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    Krita 5.0.8
From:       Halla Rempt <halla () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2022-05-25 9:05:43

Hi,

I've just made a tarball for Krita 5.0.8. This is a source only release, only \
relevant for Linux distribution that package Krita and use the latest frameworks \
release.

The reason for the release is that our fork of kxmlgui conflicts with the latest \
kxmlgui. Our fork exists because back in the day patches that would make certain \
kxmlgui dependencies optional were rejected. Since then, of course, the codebases \
have diverged too much to consider going back to the framework.

The fix consists of a patch to Krita's master branch which the Arch Linux maintainers \
backported to the krita/5.0 branch. There are no other fixes in this release, and we \
will not create binaries for other operating systems or appimage builds.

Halla Rempt