--00000000000062207c05d4bf218c Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, amyspark! We have never discussed that before. As far as I can tell, the requirements for the new system should be something like this: 1) All mimedata handling routines should use common code (or at least common policy/priorities) * D&D into the start page * D&D into KisView (that is, to an opened document) * D&D into Layers Docker * Paste from the clipboard 2) If mimetype has multiple formats, then they should be tried in the order of (user customizable?) priority * all places should use the same priority (now the code is ad-hoc, so the requirement is not fulfilled) * if one format exists, but fails, Krita should add warning to the log and continue to a different format (now it stops on the first found supported format) 3) The tests for D&D should be done for the matrix of configurations on Chrome/Firefox/Safari versus Windows/Linux/MacOS. The same browser provides different mimedata on different platforms On Thu, Dec 30, 2021 at 1:53 AM L. E. Segovia wrote: > Hi all, > > I've previously submitted MR > https://invent.kde.org/graphics/krita/-/merge_requests/1177/ to > implement a consent flow for paste/drag-n-drop events that include an > image URL. > > It's been marked as Needs Changes because we need a bigger refactor, the > implementation is currently sprawled across five different classes, with > potentially duplicate (or at the very least inconsistent) behaviour. > > Has this been discussed before? When could we set some time to check it > out? > > Best, > > amyspark > > -- > amyspark =F0=9F=8C=B8 https://www.amyspark.me > --=20 Dmitry Kazakov --00000000000062207c05d4bf218c Content-Type: text/html; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Hi, amyspark!

We have never discussed t= hat before. As far as I can tell, the requirements for the new system shoul= d be something like this:

1) All mimedata handling= routines should use common code (or at least common policy/priorities)
=C2=A0 =C2=A0 * D&D into the start page
=C2=A0 =C2=A0 = * D&D into KisView (that is, to an opened document)
=C2=A0 = =C2=A0 * D&D into Layers Docker
=C2=A0 =C2=A0 * Paste from th= e clipboard
2) If mimetype has multiple formats, then they should= be tried in the order of (user customizable?) priority
=C2=A0 = =C2=A0 * all places should use the same priority (now the code is ad-hoc, s= o the requirement is not fulfilled)
=C2=A0 =C2=A0 * if one format= exists, but fails, Krita should add warning to the log and continue to a d= ifferent format (now it stops on the first found supported format)