List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    Re: mangafy
From:       David Revoy <davidrevoy () protonmail ! com>
Date:       2021-11-23 19:38:00

Hey, I wouldn't be happy with Mangafy integration, from what I understood of their \
Term of Service[1], it pushes artists who doesn't read ToS into a bad deal:

- Author offer a copy of their copyright, full usage, to Mangafy and third party \
(that something not compatible with Creative Commons). It's pretty standard in \
nowadays ToS, but other sevices exists where platform can respect integrity of \
license of the author (eg. deviantArt, Youtube both have a Creative Commons \
integration).

- More concerning for me: "User shall not exercise author's moral rights against the \
Company and third parties". It means that if they (or third party) reuse your \
series/characters/lore/design to promote something you are really against, you can't \
do nothing.

So I wouldn't advice any artist to go on that (same opinion about Tapas & Webtoons). \
They can print comics, do movies, etc... all of that without giving back to the \
artist or involve them as part of artistic decision. And third parties can be \
anything. Artist earn 50% of adv revenue from online publishing (info from the \
Youtube presentation).

[1] https://mangafy.club/terms -> Article 19, Ownership and Licensing of Intellectual \
Property Rights

Deevad