List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    Re: APK download links in All Download Versions, G'MIC translation
From:       Halla Rempt <halla () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2021-09-23 8:29:41

On donderdag 23 september 2021 09:19:49 CEST Tyson Tan wrote:
> Hi team,
>
> Here are some questions I relay from the local community:
>
> The "All Download Versions " droplist on Krita.org's download page
> doesn't contain the Android APKs. Shall we put them there? In that way
> we can download them from a desktop PC easier.
>
> Since Intel has basically given up their Android X86 effort, every
> Android tablet released recently are equipped with ARM CPUs. Shall we:
>
> 1) Put ARM APKs above Intel APKs?
> 2) Put a note somewhere to let people know they should try ARM 64 bit
> APKs for the best chance?

Most people will be unable to use the APK's since that needs some technical \
knowledge, so we didn't promote them much. Note that the X86 APK's are also used for \
intel-based chromebooks, which are not uncommon.

> And a G'MIC related question:
> Since we have now forked G'MIC, how do we contribute to its translation
> now?

We build gmic-qt from the official sources, with patches added, so the translations \
should still come from upstream.