Thanks for the prompt reply=2E I went for the action=2E I would have prefer= ed to do it non-interactive but digging into the colorspace stuff is too much for now=2E Thomas=C2=A0 =C2=A0 Gesendet:=C2=A0Freitag, 31=2E Mai 2019 um 15:06 Uhr Von:=C2=A0"Wolthera" An:=C2=A0"Krita's developers and users mailing list" Betreff:=C2=A0Re: Python API questions 1=2E To open a file as a layer without triggering dialogs, you will need to open the file, add a new paintlayer node to the document you want to add the file to, and copy the pixel data from one to the other=2E Here you will need to make sure that the source and result images are the same colorspace=2E If you are okay with triggering dialogs use the "import_layer_as_paint_layer" action(as noted in 3)=2E 2=2E Undo isn't implemented in python, there was never a proper design for it conceived=2E Triggered actions will proly be added to the undo, but for the rest it is better to clone the document=2E 3=2E Krita is not 100% python=2E Instead, what you can do is access certain actions is to use application()=2Eaction("action_name") (you can get all the action names with https://api=2Ekde=2Eorg/extragear-api/graphics-apidocs/krita/libs/libkis/h= tml/classKrita=2Ehtml#a5cf481b65e4c0971777ceb9330c8a8e9 ), then from the QAction object that gives you, use action=2Etrigger()=2E The krita4=2Exmlgui in your resource folder gives the exact layout of your menus with the actions as an xml file, using these names too=2E On Fri, May 31, 2019 at 2:01 PM Thomas Werzmirzowsky = wrote: > > Hello everybody, > > I'm trying to write a simple Python plugin but fail to find the correct = APIs=2E Basically I'm searching for the following: > - Open a file as a layer (basically what the "Layer > Import/Export > Im= port Layer=2E=2E=2E" menu does) > - I noticed that changes that my plugin does are not recorded in the "Un= do History" and the canvas is not updated properly=2E So I guess I have to = start/stop a transaction (or something like that)? Is that right and if so = how to do it? > > Generally is there a way to find the API that is used by a menu item? Us= ually the stuff I want to do is a summary of different menu actions but I c= an't find the APIs for that=2E > > Thanks a lot and best regards > Thomas -- Wolthera