List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    ask.krita.org eval
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2019-05-14 7:24:24

Hi,

I had wanted to discuss this in the meeting yesterday, but other things took \
priority. It's this: does ask.krita.org do the things we expected:

* take the heat off from other communication channels
* provide people with easy questions a good way to find answers
* engage the community to help each other instead of making the Krita contributors \
take the load

If I look at the forum, twitter, reddit, bko (let's ignore irc for now since we \
temporarily disabled that), the answer to the first question is no, it's just another \
place where the same questions are duplicated all the time.

That also sort of answers the second question, because even though there's \
autosearch, people apparently don't read even that, and still go on asking their \
unique, very special question.

As for the community... I see Wolthera, Tiar and Ahab giving most answers, which \
makes it look like ask.krita.org is just a duplicate for the other channels.

So... Should we retired ask.krita.org and give it up as a failed experiment, or is \
there room for improvement?

--
https://www.krita.org