List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    Re: RAW processing plug-in - any interest?
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2017-03-13 10:19:58

On Fri, 10 Mar 2017, EI wrote:

> Screencast looks impressive!
>
> - I don't think there a way to prioritize which plugin will handle loading.
> One option may be to add a menu item under "File" for PhotoFlow. The
> actions are configured through krita/kritamenu.action
>
> - Krita can keep almost arbitrary metadata for the loaded image. An example
> can be found here: krita/libs/image/tests/kis_meta_data_test.cpp. The code
> itself is in krita/libs/image/metadata/. However, your plugin would have to
> write this metadata to the raw file and then read it. Storing metadata in
> an xml "sidecar" file may be easier.

The metadata is really meant for official metadata structures, like exif. Krita \
metadata is also associated with the layer, not the image. I'm not sure it's the \
right thing here, better investigate KisAnnotation.

> - Have you looked at QProcess? http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qprocess.html
>
> - You can probably request a developer account. boud@valdyas.org may be
> able to help. Is your plugin code available through
> https://github.com/aferrero2707/PhotoFlow?

To get a KDE developer account, follow \
https://community.kde.org/Infrastructure/Get_a_Developer_Account and mention me as \
                sponsor, indeed.
--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.krita.org, http://www.valdyas.org