--===============6317476844943321921== Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=001a11c3516e78c1e00505939c84 --001a11c3516e78c1e00505939c84 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 7:06 PM, Wolthera wrote: > Okay, so the Multi view control branch for Krita has finally entered > testing stage, so I build it and started poking at it: > > Some notes for those who want to try it out themselves: > > * had to empty build for this. > * had to empty trash afterwards. > > otherwise it just creates build errors. > > Now for the notes: > > * settings became confused in this build. > ** ctrl+z doesn't work. > ** confirm(by pressing enter), in transform and crop doesn't work > ** Nor does the pop-up palette, rotate mode, or zoom. > ** Top-bar misses actions. > *** Undo freehand brush-stroke is only availeble in file, not in > brushes and stuff > *** The same for zooming, and brush smoothening(!) > ** Activate linetool is greyed out in preferences. > * many actions are missing from the view-menu(expected?)(grid-actions are > missing) > * Actions misordered in File as well... > Not sure what happened there, it used to work. > * Slowdowns on focussing windows/canvases.(gnome thinks it froze and is > asking me whether I would like to kill Krita) > ** closing preferences and going to canvas will cause slowdown. > ** going between multiple documents will cause slowdown. > KisImageView::setParentView call resetDisplayProfile which is quite slow. It should be checked if that even needed there. > ** Going to an outside program and coming back in will also cause slowdown. > * Assistants are broken and cause crash. > Assistants are still missing from mvc. > * General slowdown on selection and geometric tools. (It tags notably > between confirm and actual drawing, feels similar to the > layer-gui-update-lag that slangkamp had to fix kisview for, maybe it's > trying too hard to figure out on which canvas it's trying to paint?)(only > happens in tabbed mode). > Doesn't happen here. > * New view works great! > ** Undo is shared between views wel! > ** Color is randomly not remembered between switching > focus-canvas.(returns to black...) > Can't reproduce that. > * Tiled view works okay. > ** However, it gets a little strange when trying to resize the canvas > windows. (asif it's trying to snap constantly) > ** Painting between canvases works great, adjusting the navigation between > canvases doesn't(lag) > ** Overview docker works great between canvasses, (but again, super-lag on > switching focus canvas) > There is a small delay due to the update time, but appart from that it's not unusally slow here. Might be fixed with the latest master merge. > * Closing a view is super-slow. > * When using subwindows, when Krita is closed down, and then restarted, > and multiple documents are opened, Krita does not recognise that they > should be subwindowed. Nor does it draw tabs. If you select Tiled-view in > the windows submenu, it subwindows them correctly. > That only works if changed in the settings. I think tiled view should not be available in the menu if the application is in tabbed mode. > * Odd bug: Select a tool(example circle) in one view, paint with it on > another. Then go to the other view, paint again, undo. Go back to first > view, paint, notice that it only uses the freehand brush. No switching of > tools will actually happen in the first view, only in the second. > (sometimes it works the other way around, it seems, the common thread is > that if a tool has been changed in one cnavas, the other canvas doesn't > understand this, and it results in the other canvas not being able to > change tools anymore) > ** As well, the tool options with this bug will be garbled, as if the > tool-options where not switched out, but just painted on top of each other. > Which options? Can happen when the ui file isn't merge correctly. > * Wrap-around mode works well! > * Perspective grid tool works... but it's sublines are not drawn. > Fixed. > * undoing a selection caused a crash...(not reproducable) > * crash on attempting to show grid!(reproducable, probly missing action) > Grid actions are not set up as the manager expects to have an imageview. Manager and decoration need to be split. We also can't store the setting into a KisConfig as that breaks when you want to have different image with different grids. > * crash when using the right-mouseclick(for me assigned to color-picker) > while in a terminal that hovers above a Krita window. > Fixed, I think. > * Terminal complains about color slider docker being assigned a new layout > constantly(proly my fault) > Also in master. > * Terminal complains about this: krita(2941) > KWidgetItemDelegateEventListener::eventFilter: User of KWidgetItemDelegate > should not delete widgets created by createItemWidgets! (repeated like, 20 > times each time you start up Krita) > * Terminal complains about paintop presets: krita(3626) > KisPaintopBox::setCurrentPaintop: current paintop "Basic_tip_default" was > not set, not supported by colorspace > > tl;dr: The problems can be subdivided into several catagories: > 1) Hotkeys, settings and missing actions. > 2) Confusion between canvasses. > 3) Slowdown. > 4) Miscelaneous. > > I will sent the crash-reports in seperate mails after. > > -- > Wolthera > > _______________________________________________ > Krita mailing list > kimageshop@kde.org > https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kimageshop > > --001a11c3516e78c1e00505939c84 Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Okay, = so the Multi view control branch for Krita has finally entered testing stag= e, so I build it and started poking at it:

Some notes for thos= e who want to try it out themselves:

* had to empty build for this.<= br>* had to empty trash afterwards.

otherwise it just creates = build errors.

Now for the notes:

* settings became conf= used in this build.
** ctrl+z doesn't work.
** confirm(by pressin= g enter), in transform and crop doesn't work
** Nor does the pop-up= palette, rotate mode, or zoom.
** Top-bar misses actions.
*** Undo f= reehand brush-stroke is only availeble in file<calligra>, not in brus= hes and stuff<krita>
*** The same for zooming, and brush smootheni= ng(!)
** Activate linetool is greyed out in preferences.
* many actio= ns are missing from the view-menu(expected?)(grid-actions are missing)
*= Actions misordered in File as well...

Not sure what happened there, it used to work.
=C2=A0
=
* Slowdowns on focussing windows/canvases= .(gnome thinks it froze and is asking me whether I would like to kill Krita= )
** closing preferences and going to canvas will cause slowdown.
** = going between multiple documents will cause slowdown.

KisImageView::setParentView call=C2=A0resetDisplayProf= ile which is quite slow. It should be checked if that even needed there.
=C2=A0
** Going to an ou= tside program and coming back in will also cause slowdown.
* Assistants = are broken and cause crash.

Assis= tants are still missing from mvc.
=C2=A0
=
* General slowdown on selection and geometric tools. (It t= ags notably between confirm and actual drawing, feels similar to the layer-= gui-update-lag that slangkamp had to fix kisview for, maybe it's trying= too hard to figure out on which canvas it's trying to paint?)(only hap= pens in tabbed mode).

Doesn't= happen here.
=C2=A0
* New= view works great!
** Undo is shared between views wel!
** Color is r= andomly not remembered between switching focus-canvas.(returns to black...)=

Can't reproduce that.
<= div>=C2=A0
* Tiled view works okay.<= br>** However, it gets a little strange when trying to resize the canvas wi= ndows. (asif it's trying to snap constantly)
[...]

Which options? Can happen when the ui file isn= 9;t merge correctly.
=C2=A0
[...]

* Terminal complains about paintop presets: krita= (3626) KisPaintopBox::setCurrentPaintop: current paintop=C2=A0 "Basic_= tip_default"=C2=A0 was not set, not supported by colorspace
<= div>

--
Wolthera