List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    R: DVD Krita Training Vol. 2 "Muses"
From:       silvio grosso <grossosilvio () yahoo ! it>
Date:       2013-02-18 17:46:29

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi Ramon,

Very interesting plan indeed! :-)

I have just read your draft: Here are a few questions.

1)
Which version of Krita are you going to cover: 2.6 or 2.7?
As for me, I would go for the 2.7 v. since it has more options :-)
In addition, in my view, the 2.6 v. is already well covered by the PDF booklet [1].

2)
Do you plan to record all your videos on Windows or Linux?
On the one hand, I suppose most users are more interested in Windows
On the other hand, at present, the Windows builds are less stable than the Linux \
ones. As a consequence, currently, I am aware it might be a bit problematic for you \
to choose the right platform :-)

3).
Do you think it might be useful to add some visual aid concerning the keyboard \
shortcuts you apply while working on Krita?

On Linux, for doing this, for instance, there is Key-mon:
http://code.google.com/p/key-mon/
It even looks like it has been used lately by David Revoy [2] :-)

The only problem concerning this tool regards its use with the full-screen option.
In short, I am not 100% sure whether Key-mon works fine with this feature enabled [3] \
on Krita.

On Windows, to get the same option, I suppose you should be forced to opt for a Demo \
version of Camtasia [4]

4)
Regarding the choice of using Gimp (and G'MIC) to finalize your paintings I have \
mixed feelings. Do NOT get me wrong: I work myself with both Gimp and G'MIC (they are \
superb tools)! Nevertheless, since this DVD is supposed to promote Krita, maybe, it \
might be a better route not to adopt other "similar" open source softwares. Gimp is \
already hugely widespread and does not need any further promotion :-) In short, you \
might try to force your viewers to overcome Krita shortcomings by  not starting \
another different graphical application to get the job done :-) BUT, surely, this is \
really a *minor* controversial point (actually, it is just a personal thought...)....

Best regards,

Silvio Grosso

[1] http://krita.org/aboutkrita26.pdf
[2] http://krita.org/item/131-free-transform-tool