List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    Re: kis_custom_image_widget.h - mostly empty derived class
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2013-01-10 9:19:10

On Thu, 10 Jan 2013, Foss Phreak wrote:

> Hi,
> In the file kis_custom_image_widget.h I see that the class WdgNewImage is very \
> minimal, and that another class KisCustomImageWidget is derived from it and does \
> most of the actual work. Can anyone please tell me why this is so? Is there some \
> benefit or is it just a cleaner/better design?

It's a bit roundabout, but basically, WdgNewImage is a wrapper for the
code generated by the wdg_new_image.ui file, which is a Qt Designer file.

Check http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/designer-manual.html for more
information, especially
http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/designer-using-a-ui-file.html.

Boud