List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    Fwd: On master remove your calligrathumbnail.desktop from the installation (was: Re: [calligra] /: p
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2012-07-07 18:23:27

Boudewijn Rempt

["forwarded message" (message/rfc822)]

From: "Friedrich W. H. Kossebau" <kossebau@kde.org>
To: calligra-devel@kde.org
Subject: On master remove your calligrathumbnail.desktop from the installation
 (was: Re: [calligra] /: pimp the thumbnailer)
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2012 17:45:58 +0200
Sender: calligra-devel-bounces@kde.org

Hi Calligra-heads,

if you update to latest master, please make sure that you
rm calligrathumbnail.desktop from $(YOUR_INSTALL_BASE)/share/kde4/services/
so you get the full joy of the pimped calligra thumbnailer(s).
Also clean your ~/.thumbnails to get rid of the cached thumbnails.
Then take a look into the Dolphin settings, choose General->Previews and
control for which of the file types you want to see previews also in the
filemanager/picker.
(And remember that once you install the 2.5 branch the file is back again to
screw things up ;) )

Thanks to the filter system there is quite a range of file types for which
there can be previews. Good stuff IMHO :)

Any format in the filters which should be added because there is no other
thumbnailer existing for that type?

Am Samstag, 7. Juli 2012, 17:25:48 schrieb Friedrich W.  H.  Kossebau:
> Git commit ca51fcfc7b51480da36c0a7562a28da1163fb7e7 by Friedrich W. H.
> Kossebau. Committed on 07/07/2012 at 17:20.
> Pushed by kossebau into branch 'master'.
>
> pimp the thumbnailer
>
> * duplicate into two plugins:
>   calligraimagethumbnail for preview without blending the icon (for all
> image formats), calligrathumbnail for preview with blending the icon (for
> all other) * wait for result of thumbnail rendering if needed
> * install separate thumbnail descriptions per import filter and only if
>   the import filter is installed
> * put a white background behind extracted mimetypes

The white background is a fix for all the embedded thumbnails done by OOo (and
others?) which loves to render a transparent background if there is nothing
set as background. Which fails with a dark color scheme for the UI.

Meanwhile I wonder if anyone thinks this might be a problem? Should this
perhaps not be done for image file types?

Cheers
Friedrich