List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    Re: Krita on Windows -- the next step
From:       JL VT <pentalis () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-06-27 3:39:16

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 5:46 AM, Boudewijn Rempt <boud@valdyas.org> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> KO GmbH (that's my company) has managed to get a contract with Intel to
> work on a new version of Krita for Windows. We're calling it Krita Sketch,
> at least for now, and it'll be totally touch optimized, and probably have a
> QML gui that reuses Krita internally.. We've got the following items in our
> work package:

This is SO awesome!.

> * make krita stable on Windows
> * integration with the Windows color management system
> * improved psd format, including export
> * touch and gesture support
> * touch gui
> * touch painting
>
> As you can see, plenty of stuff that will be really useful for "regular"
> Krita, both on Windows and on Linux. I'm really excited about this, not
> just because it'll allow me to work on Krita way more, but also because I
> think it'll really mean that by the end of the year we'll have a stable,
> supported Krita on Windows.

And it means I can get all my circle of friends hyped up about Krita  =D

> Arjen, me and Silvio will be working on the project, and I'm still looking
> at ways to use part of the project budget to sponsor Pentalis.

Always grateful!

> The final application will officially be made available for free through
> Intel's AppUP store by KO GmbH.
>
> Going from here, I'm looking at ways to make sure KO can make money with
> Krita to keep the development going, so we can keep supporting Krita on
> Windows and maybe even expand the team... Any ideas on that topic are
> welcome!

After it works well and stable on Windows it is only a matter of time. I
see Qtiplot as an example of a good application that can sustain itself
based solely on the sale of binaries. The road is bright and shiny  :)