List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    Re: Hello, question about use
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2011-11-24 8:21:42

On Thursday 24 November 2011 Nov, Sam Taylor wrote:

> Hey,
>
> Sorry to bother you, but I had a question, would I be able to use Krita for the \
> concept art I am doing for this game I'm making? I need an art program to alter  \
> and tweak the stuff I draw on paper.

If you're using Linux, yes. Krita explicitly supports the creation of concept art. If \
there's something missing for you, don't hesitate to mail this list to discuss your \
requirements. Since you mention games, I have to add that Krita is not suitable if \
you want to create pixel-precise art in the eighties game style or artwork that isn't \
at least 8 bits/channel rgb. That is, we don't do gifs.

I've managed to compile but not yet run Krita on Windows, but even if I get the \
installer done before 2.4 is released, the result will be highly experimental! On \
Linux, Krita is pretty stable. If you want to try Krita, do try to install either one \
of the 2.4 beta releases that are packaged for various distributions, or try to build \
from source so you always have the latest fixes.

You can get a training dvd from our website. It's focussed on comics, but it will be \
                a good start in any case.
--
Boudewijn Rempt