On Sunday 30 October 2011, Boudewijn Rempt wrote: > On Saturday 29 October 2011 Oct, Cyrille Berger Skott wrote: > > On Saturday 29 October 2011, Boudewijn Rempt wrote: > > > On Saturday 29 October 2011 Oct, Cyrille Berger Skott wrote: > > > > There is no problem for Krita to handle pre-multiplied colorspaces, > > > > since a premultiplied RGBA, is actually defined as (a*R, a*G, a*B, > > > > a). And if there is such an assumption, it is a bug ;) It would mean > > > > that somewhere Krita makes assumption about the color data. > > > > > > It's either a bug, or a design decision that permeates all our code. > > > Either way, it's not feasible to refactor, redesign or fix for 2.4. > > > > Do we even have any attempt at a premultiplied color space ? That is the > > first time I hear it... If so, can I have a look at the code ? > > No, but in fact, the gray-without alpha colorspace could be seen as a > colorspace with pre-multiplied alpha. But there's no way it's going to > work. That I agree, because it is a premultiplied alpha colorspace where the alpha channel information has been lost, and that is never going to work. > > > * we are talking about a 2 year old critical bug > > > * we are one month away from the final release > > > > > > * we have tried the following solutions: > > > * fix the gray colorspace > > > * fix he alpha colorspace > > > * special case dab creation > > > * patch over the difference in design assumptions inside KisSelection > > > > > > * everything failed except the last attempt, which has its > > > disadvantages * we cannot do a big refactoring of pigment or all of > > > Krita in time for the release. > > > > Sure... So what did you expect from your email ? Do you need help fixing > > the patches ? > > No, I can do that myself, the changes are pretty simple, with the only > tricky bit being the extent calculation of KisPixelSelection after > changing it from alpha to gray + alpha. > > What I had hoped for was that people would have tried to a) understand what > I was trying to do instead of immediately just opposing it b) see whether > there is any other way of solving the issue. > > To me, it is clear that there is no other solution: we cannot realistically > fix pigment to use multi-channel colorspaces as masks and we cannot fix > krita to work with colorspaces without an alpha channel. Not for 2.4, that I agree. Which means that for 2.4, your solution is probably the best we can do. -- Cyrille Berger Skott _______________________________________________ kimageshop mailing list kimageshop@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kimageshop