List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    Re: branches/trinity/applications/koffice [POSSIBLY UNSAFE]
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2011-06-25 11:49:14

On Saturday 25 June 2011 Jun, Timothy Pearson wrote:
> SVN commit 1238284 by tpearson:
>
> TQt4 port koffice
> This should enable compilation under both Qt3 and Qt4; fixes for any missed \
> components will be forthcoming

> M  +3 -3      krita

Hi Timothy,

I've asked you about this before, but I want to do so again: please rename Krita. I \
don't want anyone to think by the rather aenemic 1.6 version of Krita from the KDE \
3.x days. Krita 2.x is so much better these days than 1.x ever was, and especially if \
you're porting 1.x to Qt4, the opportunities for confusion are too great.

I totally don't mind your work, of course, but please choose a different name for \
your fork of the old Krita. If you're bold and daring, feel free to go back to \
KImageShop, Krayon or Kimp :-) -- or choose a name better to your liking. But the \
Krita name belong to the krita project.

--
Boudewijn Rempt