List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    About the positioning of the new Presets Strip and Buttons
From:       JL VT <pentalis () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-06-05 7:13:18

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

I've created two purely temporary branches so people can give their thoughts
on the positioning of the buttons and the strip for presets before they are
merged into main.
The branches are:

krita-improvedpresetcreation2-pentalis
krita-improvedpresetcreation3-pentalis

Currently the Remove button doesn't work, it is there only for display.

The changes only happen in /calligra/krita/ui  so you don't need to
recompile everything.

Branch 2:
----Strip----
----Brush options----
----Buttons----

Branch 3:
----Buttons----
----Brush options----
----Strip----

The original branch, Branch 1, had:
----Buttons---Strip----
---Brush options----

I know that Branch 1 had an excellent flow (I tested it while painting for 2
hours), but it didn't look as good as Branch 3.
Branch 2, in my opinion, looks awful, so it's basically discarded for me.

Between Branch 3 and Branch 1, I don't know what to choose.

Included here are screenshots so you don't have to pull the branches and
compile (unless you want to).