List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    Re: Tool(box) organization
From:       Sven Langkamp <sven.langkamp () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-01-19 15:11:15

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 1:34 PM, Adam C. <nospam@xibo.at> wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Jan 2011 12:37:04 +0100, Boudewijn Rempt <boud@valdyas.org>
> wrote:
>
> > On Wednesday 19 January 2011, Sven Langkamp wrote:

> >> Krita
> >> created by

> >> Shape layers are saved as ODF which doesn't support filter effects. In
> >> Karbon it's the same, filter effects are only saved to SVG and not to
> >> ODF.
> >>

> > Sounds like we either need to save as svg -- or work with Jan to add
> > filters as a kind of private extension to ODG.

> as far as i can see, you can't edit a path drawn by the krita path tool.
> imo this is a big drawback. currently we lack a possibility to draw a path
> with a paintop, right?

On shape layers a shape is inserted and that is editable. On paint layers it
it painted with the current paintop.
So nothing missing compared to the flake path tool.

> >> path tool
> >> consistency
> >> plugin
> >> added to
> >> anymore.<https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kimageshop>
> >> >
> this sounds very good to me. it would be also consistent with rect,
> ellipse, line.. tools.
>

> >> Default tool stays the same as it's used on both layer types.
> what's the use of default tool in pixel mode? as far as i can tell, the
> default tool selects shapes, so it should replace the pixel selection
> tools.

Can be used to edit vector selections.

> >> To be consistent to Krita the path and caligraphy tool would have to be
> >> paintops.
> why should the path tool be a paintop?
> i agree, that calligraphy should be, but i don't see a reasonable way to
> implement that. you would also have to implement presets for calligraphy,
> integrate it into paintop settings, switch layers, add flake to the
> paintop testing area.. probably it would need even some work on flake, but
> it would be definitely a cool feature (especially if it also works for
> karbon).

Sorry I meant freehand instead of path. Yes, it would be to be integrated
into the normal paintop setting and we also have to enhance the paintops and
the freehand tool.
Sharing with Karbon could be cool tool.