List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    Re: Tool(box) organization
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2011-01-19 9:31:11

On Wednesday 19 January 2011, Sven Langkamp wrote:

> -put those tools at the bottom of the toolbox as proposed on calligra-devel
>
> -cut some of the flake tools and put the functionality into the Krita tools
> There are some tools that have very little value for Krita like the
> connection tool or filter effect tool (we can't save filters created by
> that).

Hm.... why not, actually?

> The path tool basically has the same stuff the Krita path tool has.
> That would leave five tools (Default, freehand, pattern, gradient,
> calligraphy).

What I would prefer is have the tools with actual krita functionality replace the \
flake tools but be in the same position. So the krita path tool goes in the place of \
the flake path tool etc. That way, there's consistency with the rest of the suite. Or \
that the flake tools get a kind of plugin mechanism, which would mean our \
krita-specific functionality gets added to the tool, and we don't need the krita \
tools anymore.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org, http://www.krita.org