On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 2:31 PM, Cyrille Berger Skott <cberger@cberger.net> wrote:
Hi,

Boudewijn indicated me on irc that the Gimp folks have an outgoing discussion
on their developers list on the subject of sliders, and Peter gave them the
same subjection as to us, see [1].

The interesting part is that he apparently made us an other suggestion, that I
personnaly was not aware, I think I was out of the discussions on the slider,
so that might explain it. But Peter's suggestion was to have a popup with
different sliders with different scale:

http://mmiworks.net/test/decadepopup.png

Which is similar to the idea I had suggested and implemented:
http://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/100217/s/23/

Both solutions have the same effect for user, but I think Peter's suggestion
is visually nicer and would solve Lukas's objection that the combobox takes
space. However, the current solution is good enough for me, meaning I am
unlikely to take the time to implement it... but we could have it as "new"
developer task (I would be willing to mentor it, but not to teach Qt widget
development ;) so for experience developer only).

The suggestion takes even more space than the current one as it needs two more more rows.