Hello, >For the people with poor imagination ;p > Hi, > > I had like to discuss several possible improvement for the brush dialog. I would like to.. for people with poor spelling/grammer ;p :-) Anyway I'm kidding you :D > 1) Add a multiplier combobox to some of the KisSliderSpinBox. It would be > seen as a combobox (with choice like x0.1 x1 x2 x10...). The idea is that > sometime I work with small brush diameters, and it is difficult to select > with precision the diameter, so I would restrict the diameter range to > 0->10, and add a 1x, 10x and 100x multiplier. Similary for the scale of > predefined brush, for now, we have the range 0->2, David wants to increase > the maximum value, personnally I have the oposite problem, I have big > brushes (~1000x1000) and I sometime want to scale them more than 0.01 (or > with greater precision), so there I would change the range to 0->1 and > have x0.1 x1 and x10 as multiplier. We could also use the multiplier idea > for spacing. It seems to me from the mockup that it is element I don't like there. It eats space of course. Would about hiding this into Configuration dialog? I'm not sure how often you need to change from x1 -> x2 -> x10, but if it is not very common, configuration would solve the problem with eating space. > 2) who knows what the value on the curves correspond too ? So we need axis > legend. And rather than just values, I think we can be a little bit > smarter. Yes, I already had that in my mind. Last time I was surprised about opacity. It is 0 till 100 when pressure is in 0.0 - 0.5 and then it is always 100 from 0.5 - 1.0 as it is thresholded. > For instance, for "size", I would indeed use values, maybe percents would be smart: like 200 % > but for > "rotation" I would use icons showing the actual direction, either using > arrows or a line on a circle, for the colors option I would take the > current colors and show a gradient. > Opacity would be a gradient too. Agree > Not sure about mirror, I don't know what the curve does. If the pressure is in 0.0 - 0.5 , the mask is nor mirrored, if it is in 0.5 - 1.0, it is mirrored. I was mapping Photoshop feature to sensor :) > And for softness > (why don't we use the same word for softness and fade ?) I don't know why it is called fade in Krita. Softness/hardness is common in painting apps, right? > we could have a > circle brush that represent both extremeties. Not exactly sure, I would go for values here. It differs for softbrush mask/fade mask (a.k.a default) > Same ideas for sensors legend, "pressure" would say "low pressure" / "high > pressure" the angles would use the arrow icons mentioned above. For tilt we > could show a pen and a paper with different angles. Not sure about time, > distance, fade and fuzzy, maybe just use the values for them. I don't know here. Sensor legend is different from curve legend, right? _______________________________________________ kimageshop mailing list kimageshop@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kimageshop