List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    Re: KisPainter::bitBlt using random accessor
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2010-06-11 9:24:51

On Friday 11 June 2010, Dmitry Kazakov wrote:
> Hi, All!
>
> Why KisPainter uses KisRandomAccessor for accessing the pixels? Why doesn't
> it use rect iterator? In many cases (at least for layer stack update) there
> will be no shift between data managers, so the tiles will be copied at
> once. So why?

The rect iterator is not possible because tiles are not necessarily aligned.
The random accessor at the point where it began to be used in KisPainter had
caching; the hline iterators didn't have that. The hline iterator now does
have caching, but we also have the even faster iterators NG, and one of the
tasks for 2.3 is to replace all iterators with the new generation iterators.