List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    New mixbrush alpha/beta version
From:       JL VT <pentalis () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-03-29 0:07:37

So, finally, with the power of copypaste, trial and error,
concentration and endless compilation, the new mixbrush (of doom) has
been born.

The brush works as intended, except for a few alpha/beta lack of
functionalities:
1.- At the moment, the brush considers all the colors in its
rectangular dab to make an average color, instead of only the relevant
pixels beneath the brush (i.e.: a circle, an ellipse, etc). This has
to be fixed in the future, but I'll probably use a not-very-elegant
fix (just shrinking the square a little, trying to "square the
circle"), in an attempt to preserve speed.
2.- Only the Pigment Retention slider works in the Config Tab of Joy.
3.- It doesn't have enough features (yet) to give the feeling of the
gimp-painter brush.
4.- The code is a complete developer-hostile mess at the moment (even
the filenames), but it works!, and it doesn't crash my computer not
even with stylus.

On the upside:
1.- The brush exists and WORKS RIGHT NOW.

And with certainty:
1.- It won't be alpha/beta forever. Code will be cleaned and features
will be added.

I wanted to submit a patch but "svn diff" only gave me 1 line of
changes (adding the directory "doom" to CMakeLists.txt in
/plugins/paintops/). Therefore, I'm instead including a link to the
paintop directory in .tar.gz format.

http://pentalis.org/doommixbrush_0.1.tar.gz

I don't know if attachments like this are ok, so for now this link will do.

Don't forget to add the following line:
add_subdirectory( doom )
/krita/plugins/paintops/CMakeLists.txt
to let the directory be found by the compiler.

So there, this is my second code contribution to Krita  =)   I need to
focus on my thesis (deadline approaching) and a few pending reports I
have for now, but I'll be back in full-focus in a couple weeks.
I'm looking forward to Google's Summer of Code, stay tuned to my
mock-up application which I'll submit in a few days for review.

Have an excellent day.