List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    Re: Photographic features and other non-paint features)
From:       Michael Thaler <michael.thaler () ph ! tum ! de>
Date:       2010-03-08 9:21:38

Hi,

> Something like that would be useful, though creating a painting-like image from a \
> photograph is not part of our vision.

I think it should be part of Krita's vision. Painter's clone feature makes it really \
easy to create nice artwork.

Here are some tutorials from Corel's webpage on how the clone feature works:

http://www.corel.com/img/content/community/tutorials/px/Beginner_Quick_Clone_feature.pdf
 http://www.corel.com/img/content/community/tutorials/px/Itermediate_Clonning_landscape.pdf
 http://www.corel.com/img/content/community/tutorials/px/Advanced_creative_with_brushes.pdf

This would make Krita really useful for a much broader range of people (most people \
are not able to create such paintings from scratch).

> That's already possible, though the feature is a little buggy you can have two or \
> more views on the same image.

I don't suggest to have more then one view of a image (but that would also be \
useful), but to have more then one image open. This would also be useful without a \
clone feature, e.g. putting a photo of a still-life next to your painting. I don't \
think that SDI is that useful for that.

Greetings,
Michael