List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    Tile engine
From:       "LukasT.dev () gmail ! com" <lukast ! dev () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-10-14 13:35:36

Hi,

I would like to ask if we have tile row hinting?
Described here http://git.gnome.org/cgit/gimp/tree/NEWS?h=gimp-1-2 as

"The image compositing has been speed up by
implementing hints to the tile structure.
That way the render-engine knows for example
if a row is totally transparent and can skip
the calculation."

Dimitry, do you know about any papers/articles describing the tile engine?