Warren Baird wrote: > I didn't see a lot of direct answers to this question though --- what is > Krita's reason for being? What will differentiate it from things like Gimp > or MyPaint > > 5 years ago, there were a lot of gaps in the Gimp, and Krita seemed targeted > to fill those gaps. > > From my position on the outside, it really looks to me like the Gimp is > gonna fill 'em itself before Krita 2 is stable enough to be used... The > Gimp already has relatively decent colour space support, and it sounds like > higher bit depth support is coming down the pipes. > > Maybe it won't have quite as flexible a brush model as Krita --- but is that > a sufficient differentiator? > > I'd be curious as to what people think the 'mission statement' for Krita > ought to be. As I see it, gimp = PS replacement, krita = painter replacement. At least I haven't seen the focus on real media in gimp that we are starting to see in krita. > Or maybe that was already established and I missed it in my skim of the > thread... If it was, I think I missed it to, and I was pretty well reading-not-skimming. -- Matthew Please do not quote my e-mail address unobfuscated in message bodies. -- I picked up a Magic 8-Ball the other day and it said 'Outlook not so good.' I said 'Sure, but Microsoft still ships it.' -- Anonymous (from cluefire.net) _______________________________________________ kimageshop mailing list kimageshop@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kimageshop