Cyrille Berger wrote: > On Tuesday 22 September 2009, Matthew Woehlke wrote: >> Cyrille Berger wrote: >>> On Tuesday 22 September 2009, Sven Langkamp wrote: >>>> What would a 'color space change' mask be? Is there a case were it's >>>> needed to convert the colorspace manually with a mask? >>> Yes. Two cases actually, tone-mapping and raw. For raw, some of the >>> algorithms can be applied on a raw colorspace (well curves), some other >>> would need to be applied on a RGB one. >> I thought we'd said we wouldn't have a "RAW" colorspace, just va16¹? > That's not what the wiki says [1]. Really? "Another option is to ignore the problem, accept that filters will not work correctly on bayer data, and import RAW directly into a 16-bit single channel (i.e. 'grayscale') layer. /At time of writing, this seemed to be the preferred option/ [...]" (emphasis added) ...and I certainly seem to recall that was the preferred solution. Much less special-casing, for one. > [1] > http://wiki.koffice.org/index.php?title=Krita/Direct_RAW_Editing#A_Dedicated_Colorspace >> You >> can't debayer as a mask² anyway, it's a specialized convolution filter. > Why not ? You conveniently snipped that part of my previous message: >> (² at least I think not; wouldn't a cs-conversion mask normally be >> necessarily 1:1?) So... can a mask¹ implement a convolution filter, or a filter with configurable parameters? (Bayer -> other cs is not a 1:1 filter like most cs conversions, it is a convolution filter³, and there are multiple choices of algorithm (and maybe even parameters?).) (³ ...and not even a 'straight' convolution filter. Even disregarding that you use different formulae depending on what channel the pixel represents, you have different formulae for the edges as well.) (¹ Maybe the problem is I don't understand what a "mask" is in krita internals. When I hear "mask" I think an extra alpha channel that is used to control what parts of a layer are blended, i.e. same as how it is used in svg terminology. Clearly the "mask" you are talking about is something completely different. It sounds more like a filter that... well, ignores masks. Which is confusing.) -- Matthew Please do not quote my e-mail address unobfuscated in message bodies. -- End of Transmission _______________________________________________ kimageshop mailing list kimageshop@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kimageshop