List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    Re: Whither Krita?
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2009-09-21 7:45:44

On Mon, 21 Sep 2009, LukasT.dev@gmail.com wrote:

> Yes that's possibility but reverse engineering is slow and this way we waste
> time. Why we don't do design docs before? We could...I know that nobody have
> time for it, right? :) Me either :D

Doing a design up-front with uml and all that jazz is basically a waste of
time unless you're designing something you've designed before. Most coding,
especially on projects like Krita, is exploratory. You figure out the right way
while coding. I sometimes make a few diagrams before coding, just to mindmap,
but the resulting code almost never looks like that.

In my definitely not humble opinion, making uml designs before starting coding
is a fallacy. A nice article on that topic: \
http://www.osnews.com/story/22135/The_Problem_with_Design_and_Implementation.

Boudewijn