List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    Re: Effect masks vs. selections and "embedded" transparency masks
From:       Dmitry Kazakov <dimula73 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-09-05 3:12:07

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

> There are some more troubles. This time they are with effect masks.
>>
>> The problem is: we simply CAN'T add any selection with a selection
>> tool or paint something with a freehand tool on ANY MASK.
>>

> Can you explain what you expect? When I select something on a transparency
> mask e.g with retangular selection I can paint inside the selection with the
> normal brush.
> I don't see the problem.

Ah.. i forgot about transparency masks.. i have to look into their
implementation.. they should have this code...

I speak about filter masks. As you said before, selection, made on filter
mask should control the area, where the filter applies. The same thing with
painting onto filter mask - it should paint on selection() of the mask. I
can't understand how this should work as most of the tools are supposed to
work with layers, not masks. But i have to take a look into Transparency
mask code..

--
Dmitry Kazakov