Cyrille Berger wrote: > On Thursday 18 September 2008, Matthew Woehlke wrote: >>> If the latter, we could just implement >>> de-bayer as a filter, and simply dump the bayer data as raw i16 data >>> (probably as gray rather than rgb, to save space). Filters would be very >>> strange if you tried to use them on non-de-bayer'd data (for that >>> matter, looking at the image would be pretty strange), but everything >>> would "work". >> ...how about it? This would even have the advantage that it works *now* >> (assuming convolution-like filters work, anyway! i.e. someone figured >> out how to run filters against tiles when they need neighboring pixels), >> and would be 100% preserving. > > Tiles are hidden in Krita. You don't see them, and don't have to care about > them. (and yes we have convolution-like filters for quiet some times now) ...but the filters need to know about them, yes? (At least, enough to say "and btw, I need X surrounding pixels to work"?) What did you think of importing bayer'd data as i16 gray? Good idea? Bad idea? Do you think that would work, to import bayer as 1-channel with high bit depth, have a de-bayer filter (with possibly fp32 output), and then stack w.b., curves, etc filters on top of that? That should provide total data preservation* from raw sensor data through everything done to get the final image. (* except for metadata, though I imagine we could copy that also, yes?) -- Matthew ENOCOFFEE: operator suffering from lack of sleep and/or early-morning-itis _______________________________________________ kimageshop mailing list kimageshop@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kimageshop