On Thursday 18 September 2008, Matthew Woehlke wrote: > Cyrille Berger wrote: > > On Wednesday 17 September 2008, Matthew Woehlke wrote: > >> Ok, you made me try it. Seems to have worked this time; but I'd (not > >> surprisingly ;-) ) prefer to be able to fiddle with the white balance > >> after, rather than having to pick something at import. (I guess we do > >> want to be able to read in the camera white balance, but could the > >> import dump the de-bayered data without other processing onto one layer > >> and create filter layers for the rest?) > > > > The import does that, since it's stored in the metadata. > > Right, that's what I was getting at. But it would be awesome if the > import would create filter layers for this stuff so it can be tweaked > afterward. Yup, but debayerisation + wb is about the only filters we can creates automatically on import of raw files. > ...and filters just "wouldn't work" on bayer CS (maybe some would but I > don't think we need to go out of our way to make *any* work). Bayer CS is RGB ;) > > But we don't have a white balance filter. > > We don't? ;-) > Actually, white balance (a.k.a. tint/warmth) is a filter IMHO we really > /ought/ to have... I guess it's getting too late to add this in 2.0? About two monthes late ;) > (Although, does krita do the w.b. or does [libk]dcraw handle it? If the > latter, doesn't that mean the code is already available, and just needs > to be wrapped in a filter?) Yes the code is available (and isn't complicated for that matter) but no it's not wrappable, libkdcraw only give the resulting image (and that's all it can give access cucrrently) > Aww, they're "only" 12-15 M ;-). (Actually, since I'd likely use a white > wall for a test shot, possibly smaller.) Well the automatic test suite is downloaded by every developers. And not everybody has easy access to a broadband connection. > Is the uncompressed one just one you have, then? And where/how should I > send them? The one I have comes from http://www.rawsamples.ch/ . I have no idea wether or not it is compressed. Nor if it's 12bits or 14bits. -- Cyrille Berger _______________________________________________ kimageshop mailing list kimageshop@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kimageshop