On Wednesday 17 September 2008, Matthew Woehlke wrote: > But I *do* want to have it where it contains the full de-bayer precision > with the white balance / exposure / curves / everything as filter > layers. It sounds like that won't be a problem, though :-). That's what I really want too :) > >> Other than being measured in E.V., is exposure really substantially > >> different from brightness/contrast? It seems that Exposure+Contrast (as > >> done by rawstudio) is just a simple 'Ax + B' mapping of the input data. > >> So as long as you translate to a colorspace that doesn't lose precision > >> too early in the pipe (I'm thinking, probably fp32), you should be able > >> to emulate everything with curve mapping, no? > > > > Yup. If you can make a curve that simulate a multiplication ;) > > Um...? If I apply the brightness filter "2x + 0" (that performs a linear > mapping 0->0, 128->255), isn't that simply a straight-line curve filter > with those endpoints? > > What am I missing? > > A curve is merely an arbitrary function represented as a traditional > graph (and usually specified as an interpolated curve). Therefore, any > filter whose output is exactly one pixel for exactly one input pixel, > with no other (non-constant) inputs, can be represented as a curve. It > may have an inordinate number of points, but... Yes but most curve widget don't allow to all kind of curves (unless you add a lot of control points). For instance, I have never been able to make a correct gamma correction with a curve widget. But yes indeed multiplication is easily done since usually with only two points you get a line. -- Cyrille Berger _______________________________________________ kimageshop mailing list kimageshop@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kimageshop