On Friday 07 September 2007 03:32:20 am Cyrille Berger wrote: > On Friday 07 September 2007, Boudewijn Rempt wrote: > > > I'd just like to give a few opinions on Krita presentation: I think the > > > current presentation is very confusing, and it'd be nice for Krita to > > > have a website like Inkscape. Doing so would pay for itself, by: > > > - attracting more users > > > - attracting more developers > > > - attracting more donations eventually through clearer exposure > > > > Thank you for your comments -- they are very helpful. I've been thinking > > of getting a separate domain for Krita & hosting, but the problem here is > > that the obvious ones (krita.org) are already gone. And I'd need to find > > money for the hosting, too. For hosting Doteasy is pretty cheap. There is however a more fundamental problem. I use very little of Koffice. For tha most part I have better alternatives. And upgrading the entire Koffice suite just to upgrade Krita is a bit like using a sledgehammer to swat flies. Thought should be given to producing a standalone version of Krita-- like Gimp, Inkscape, Scribus etc. Its wings have grown to the point where it is time to flee the nest, IMO. Just a long range consideration. -- John Culleton http://wexfordpress.com http://wexfordpress.com/tex/shortlist.pdf _______________________________________________ kimageshop mailing list kimageshop@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kimageshop