List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    Smaller widgets in the palettes
From:       Petr Vanek <petr () scribus ! info>
Date:       2007-06-28 14:28:47

hi all,

I've read some stuff about Qt graphics apps huge space wasting in the large
palettes. Ok, let's look w.g. on adobe gui - they are using some small
widgets for their all-time-opened non-modal dialogs.

Qt4 offers something simillar easy to implement. Look at this example:
http://zope.yarpen.cz/tmp/qt4-adobelike-widgets.tar.gz
(qmake -project; qmake; make)

Difference is clear. Integration into Qt Designer is easy. Only one cons
goes into my mind - what it could do with various OS/font settings/etc.

OK, it's just an idea... but any oppinions, thoughts etc?

cheers
Petr,
Scribus dev