List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    Re: Filters "dialog" in 2.0
From:       Cyrille Berger <cberger () cberger ! net>
Date:       2007-06-20 20:27:13

> I'd like the opportunity to place a plea for abandoning filters
> altogether and going for filter layers instead (basically allowing to
> put any filter on an adjustment layer and change it dynamically
> afterwards).
Besides what Boudewijn said, there is a performance issue. Some filters
works "localy", I think of invert, convolution etc, which means updating the
results is quiet easy. Others needs to use information from the whole image,
I am thinking about frequency based filters (like wavelets for unnoising or
halftoning), and those filters are also very slow and won't be very usuable
as filter masks/adjustement layers.

--
Cyrille Berger