List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    Filters "dialog" in 2.0
From:       Cyrille Berger <cberger () cberger ! net>
Date:       2007-06-20 15:43:13

Hello,

I have been thinking of changing the current filter dialog in Krita 2.0 for
quiet sometime to become modal less and have the preview appears in the
canvas instead in a tiny preview widget. Which also one of the proposition of
the OpenUsability project for the Gimp [2].
So I have been discussing this a little bit with Boudewijn on irc this
afternoon. The early draft on my thought and the result on the discution is
on the wiki [1].

In short we have found three way of beiing non mondal:
 - modalless dialog
 - vertical docker (which is very similar to the modal less dialog)
 - horizontal docker

I wanted to have your opinions and thoughts on the subject.

[1] http://wiki.koffice.org/index.php?title=Krita/Filters_Dialog
[2]
http://www.mmiworks.net/eng/publications/2007/05/lgm-top-gimp-user-requests_25.html

--