List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    Re: Canvas rotation
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2006-04-03 9:44:50

On Mon, 3 Apr 2006, Leonardo Giordani wrote:

> What about canvas rotation?
>
> I noticed this feature in Corel Painter: canvas ca be rotated as a real sheet
> of paper and this is not a layer trasformation; it is a view control just
> like pan and zoom.
>
> Someone is alredy working on it? Was it already discussed?

Yes, we did discuss this earlier. It's a feature I would really like to have since
I'm an inveterate paper rotater when drawing with pen and ink myself :-).

 Adrian though it would be quite easy to do, especially in the OpenGL backend,
but nobody got round to implementing it.  We could one-up Corel Painter by doing
an implementation that actually works and doesn't crash every five minutes :-).

Boudewijn