List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    Re: filter preview dialog
From:       Cyrille Berger <cyrille.berger () lepi ! org>
Date:       2005-07-19 8:28:39

> With 3600x3600, that's almost 50 mb of memory you need, and that's where
> Bart's nice, caching, optimized tile engine works best.
But I suppose that it works in saving the tiles on the hard drive ? Which is a
problem, as you need to access all data of the 3600x3600 pixels for each
pixels of your image. But I don't think we should consider that someone will
need to use such a size, I think that in the mind of the gimp devellopers,
3600 == infinite.

--
--- Cyrille Berger ---