List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    Re: Iterators are (more or less) working
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2004-03-28 13:14:02

On Friday 26 March 2004 01:37, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I made a version of the inverter filter that demonstrates the use of
> iterators.

Should have looked at it earlier, and in fact, haven't looked at any new code
yet, because I've been in Brussels this weekend.

> They work fine, but they are very slow (and they handle alpha channel very
> badly), I will now try to find a way to make them working faster and to
> imrove them.

Good luck! I notice, having read almost all of the papers linked to from the
Vigra homepage, that the author silently presupposes a simple memory layout
for image data, instead of tiles. Still, I think there quite a few nice
things in it, like image-type idependent functors. And Vigra already has
dependable conversion between different colour models; we should be able to
steal some of that.

> I have an important question about the internal working of krita : are the
> tiles on the edge of the size TILE_SIZE x TILE_SIZE or have they customized
> size ?

No, they can be smaller.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi