List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    New Brush Tool!
From:       Michael Thaler <michael.thaler () ph ! tum ! de>
Date:       2003-12-12 15:04:41

Hello,

I just compiled Koffice CVS and I am really impressed by Krita's new
brush tool. It is very nice! I'm reading the krita mailing list but I
did not imagine that it works so nicely. You can even select various
brushes and set the color. And even undo works, great! I think this is
really a big step forward for Krita and KDE! I imagine that it is not
very hard now to write line, circle, ellipse tools etc. using the
brush-code? I really look forward to a usable Krita!

Just some remarks:

on my computer, a 650 MHz PIII Notebook with 128 MB RAM and KDE 3.1.4,
the brush-tool feels really slow. I remember the old brush-tool, it
felt quicker.

The undo is also strange. Is it possible that all the brush strokes
are removed at once? They way it works now is strange.

But I realize that this code is bleeding edge and it is great it works
at all!

Thank you guys!
--
We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring
will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.